Micco is one of the many census designated places found Brevard County, Florida. The CDP is a small part of the Palm Bay–Melbourne–Titusville Metropolitan Statistical Area.
in 2010, the population of Micco was 9, 052. There was a population change of -4.7% since 2000.
Important information and facts about Micco, Florida
|Country||United States of America|
|First settler||Frank Smith|
|• Total||9.9 sq mi (25.6 km2)|
|• Land||7.6 sq mi (19.7 km2)|
|• Water||2.2 sq mi (5.8 km2)|
|Elevation||23 ft (7 m)|
|Population (2010 Census)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0286768|
Map of the area
Areas surrounding Micco.
The area is surrounded by the following:
- Deer Run – West
- Indian River Lagoon – East
- Indian River County – South
- Grant-Valkaria – North
Interesting bits and pieces about the area.
- Unemployment is 5.3% as of Nov. 2020
- The estimated median household income in 2019 is $37,867.
- Residents living in poverty as of 2019 is 11.5%.
- Population density is 962 per square mile.
- Micco’s zip code is shared with Sebastian.
- The first settler was Frank Smith, who settled in the area in 1877.
- The cost of living is 3.2% lower than the US average.
- Per capita income in 2019 is $28,447. (estimated)
Points of interest.
- Saint Luke’s Catholic Church
- First Baptist Church of Barefoot Bay
- The Forest Country Club
- South Mainland Library Micco Branch
- Brevard County Public Library System South Mainland Branch Library.
- Brevard County Fire Rescue Station
- Barefoot Bay Wastewater Treatment Plant
Medical facilities near Micco
- Palm Bay Kidney Center – Palm Bay, FL
- Renal care group – Brevard – Melbourne, FL
- Sebastian River Home Health – Barefoot Bay and Sebastian, FL
- Anchor Care and Rehabilitation Center – Palm Bay, FL
- Palms Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center – Palm Bay, FL
The top and most common industries in Micco are construction, health care, accommodation, and food services, and food and beverages. Arts, entertainment and recreation are fast-rising industries to watch here.