The city of West Melbourne is located in Brevard County, Florida. It is also a part of the Palm Bay–Melbourne–Titusville Metropolitan Statistical Area. It is about 50 miles from the Kennedy Space Center.
In 1959, the city was created so that the area won’t be annexed and be included as part of the City of Melbourne.
Important facts and information about West Melbourne.
|Country||United States of America|
|Created||September 11, 1959|
|• Mayor||Hal J. Rose|
|• City Manager||Scott Morgan|
|• Deputy Mayor||John Dittmore|
|• Total||10.82 sq mi (28.03 km2)|
|• Land||10.62 sq mi (27.50 km2)|
|• Water||0.20 sq mi (0.53 km2)|
|Elevation||30 ft (9 m)|
|• Estimate (2019)||24,259|
|• Density||2,284.92/sq mi (882.20/km2)|
|Census Bureau estimate|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|ZIP codes||32904, 32912|
|GNIS feature ID||0293092|
Historical graph of the increase in the population of the city.
Bits and pieces of information about the city.
- The Council-Manager form of government is used in West Melbourne.
- Brevard County School Board is the entity managing the public schools in the area.
- Median household income in 2019 is $68,914 (estimated).
- Per capita income in 2019 is $31,219 (estimated).
- Cost of living index in West Melbourne is 90.4 in 2019.
- The population density is 3,101 people per square mile.
Cities near the area of West Melbourne.
- Melbourne Village is about 0.9 miles away.
- June Park is 1.1 miles.
- Melbourne is 1.8 miles.
- West Brevard is 1.9 miles.
- Indialantic is 2.4 miles.
- Melbourne Beach is 2.5 miles.
- Palm Bay is 2.6 miles.
- Indian Harbour Beach is 2.6 miles.